01 October 2012

Watched The Count of Monte Cristo 2002 film. The thing about reading is you learn to see connections, webs, going back to the source texts; like how legions of fantasy books are descended mostly from Tolkien, some from Mervyn Peake, or H.P. Lovecraft.

Generally, tracing nodes in Pratchettian L-space goes backwards. I'd seen the very odd anime Gankutsuou:


I'd seen V for Vendetta. I'd loved Alfred Bester's novel The Stars My Destination (in my head I saw Colin Farrell as Gully Foyle) I saw how Bruce Wayne's rich playboy's persona takes elements from the Count's facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...