11 July 2012

Most staffers peek at WinQuote a few times a day. I mean, if you have 10,000
shares (and tons of staff members have way more) and the stock goes up a
buck, you've just made ten grand! But then, if it goes down two dollars, you've
just lost twenty grand. It's a real psychic yo-yo. Last April Fool's Day, someone
fluctuated the price up and down by fifty dollars and half the staff had
coronaries.

-from Douglas Coupland's Microserfs. Funny stuff.

Still endlessly, eternally shuffling files and movies around on my computers and backups drives. I've had Fall Out Boy's "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" stuck in my head all day. Not complaining, I love that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...