12 November 2011
Overconfidence is for hot cognition scenarios
Hypothesis: Overconfidence effect was more of an evolutionary advantage in the ancestral environment, for raiding, hunting, fighting. But it's often a disadvantage in a technological setting, thus we get the planning fallacy, confirmation bias, etc. So going "beyond the impossible" might work for things like a bar brawl, but you don't want Kamina planning your long-term strategy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: The End and the Death: Volume III
The End and the Death: Volume III by Dan Abnett My rating: 3 of 5 stars turbo-opera. blood, guts, swords...
-
Been looking at the Asus X200 notebooks for a couple of months. I loved netbooks when they first came out, went through a few. I still thin...
-
Empire of the Dawn by Jay Kristoff My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.