18 April 2010
serendipity
maybe serendipity is a confirmation bias, an ev psych hack to encourage exploration and experimentation. is it really true that learning naturally turns up more good than bad? or is ecclesiastes right and learning is grief and sorrow? could one set up a controlled experimental study to quantify serendipity? do i really want to know the findings? of course i do. as a duty, it's important. as frank herbert said: the open eye is better, no matter what it sees. but strangely i dread the answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: The Little Soul and the Sun: A Children's Parable
The Little Soul and the Sun: A Children's Parable by Neale Donald Walsch My rating: 1 of 5 stars thi...
-
Been looking at the Asus X200 notebooks for a couple of months. I loved netbooks when they first came out, went through a few. I still thin...
-
Empire of the Dawn by Jay Kristoff My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.