23 April 2011

A rock of time

Been busy lately. And in hectic periods, my vestigial humanity frays and what little patience I have for life's constant stream of interruptions evaporates. God how I hate the little things, so very much. Just want a space of time and silence so I can have a chance to try and think long, slow, deep thoughts. I want a bugger-off-I'm-thinking hat that says "Persons from Porlock will be shot."

And I'll tell and think it and speak it and breathe it
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it
Then I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin'
But I'll know my songs well before I start singin'

-Dylan, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

I love Stephenson's Anathem because I would sign up for the Unarian math in a heartbeat, and I'm fairly sure I'd work my way up to a Decenarian stint. What William Gibson called opting out of the commodification of novelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...