22 June 2009

Downloaded Google Chrome a few days ago. It's fast, it's cool, but the minimalist thing feels insubstantial. Google said they want Chrome to be transparent; you don't see the browser, you just see the website on the other side. But it's like driving a car and all you see is the windshield, I want to see the instrument panel too, I want a frame that gives me context. Basically I want the progress bar, watching those little cubes go across the bottom of the browser is like a deep Zen thing. And Java seems weird, I play with a Java chess program that works fine on Firefox but just shows blank on Chrome even after I donwnloaded the latest Java that it wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: The Wild Robot Protects

The Wild Robot Protects by Peter Brown My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews