23 April 2014

Glasses Can Be Cheap

Glasses are actually much cheaper than many people think. Some people think glasses are expensive, costing $300 or more, because the big brands (Oakley, Ray-Ban, Persol, etc.) are all really the same company, Luxottica, which uses their monopoly power to distort the market. The major retail glasses stores (Sunglass Hut, LensCrafters, Pearle, etc.) are all owned by Luxottica, as are “vision insurance” companies.
Fortunately, we can now use the Internet to fight back against monopolists. Below, I have posted Tilia Bell’s guide to getting high-quality glasses cheaply. Continue reading at The Rationalist Conspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...