14 February 2013

Layer Cake

You're born, you take shit. Get out in the world, you take more shit. Climb a little higher, take less shit. Til one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere, and you've forgotten what shit even looks like.
Spoiler, the message is undercut further on, at the ending. The moral being that linear progressions aren't set in stone, even crimelords are vulnerable to randomness.

But I think about that scene sometimes, and how my work choices haven't necessarily been about more money, but less bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...