26 May 2011

Been reading Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman, and in my head Feynman started to sound like Carl Sagan, it's that explainer thing they've both got going on. So went on Youtube to do justice to the great man, and it turns out Feynman had a slight Brooklyn accent, which is a great contrast.

Found the vid that triggered the Insane Clown Posse flap, it's wonderful. I've read stuff about the fundamental forces, I understand it a little bit, but I'm not Richard freakin' Feynman, Nobel prizewinner. There's classes and textbooks on this stuff for anyone who wants to advance to the higher levels, but to just close your mind go "Fucking magnets, how do they work?" is enshrining barbarian dimwittery and pretending it's a sense of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...