26 April 2015

More than words

A long time ago, I thought wouldn't it be interesting to have an entire love story that never once uses the actual word "love," the most overused and misused word ever. Show, don't tell.

A Youtube comment mentioned that no one ever says love (or any of the related Japanese words) in Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children, a film that is entirely about love.

For a more directly romantic version, the other "next Miyazaki" guy Makoto Shinkai never uses the word love or anything like it in my all-time favorite love story, 5 Centimeters Per Second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...