23 December 2014

Great lines, mostly poetry

This is the school in which we learn/ that time is the fire in which we burn.
-Delmore Schwartz

I want to do to you what Spring does to the cherry trees.
-Pablo Neruda

Our father who art in heaven, stay there. And we will stay on earth, which is sometimes so beautiful.
-Jacques Prevert

I didn’t say "I love you" to hear it back. I said it to make sure you knew.
-cavalaxis.tumblr

To see her in sunlight was to see Marxism die.
-Harold Brodkey

Sifting through the Madness for the Word, the Line, the Way.
-Charles Bukowski

 I am a bow in your hands, Lord. Draw me, lest I rot.
-Nikos Kazantzakis

 The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.
 -Martin Luther King, Jr

All cities are mad, but the madness is gallant. All cities are beautiful, but the beauty is grim.
-Christopher Morley

I have no parents. I make the earth and sky my parents. I have no home. In the depths of my soul I make my home.
-samurai creed, traditional

Almost No One is Evil; Almost Everything is Broken
-blog.jaibot.com

 Everything that rises must converge.
-Teilhard de Chardin

He told her about the Afterglow: that brief, brilliant period after the Big Bang, when matter gathered briefly in clumps and burned by fusion light.
-Stephen Baxter

"You've a good heart," she told him. "Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go." Then she shook her head. "But mostly, it's not."
-Neil Gaiman

Death the Kraken waits to drown you/ In the sea of earth.
-the Skolion of Seikilos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: The Wild Robot Protects

The Wild Robot Protects by Peter Brown My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews