29 May 2014

What would Norman Borlaug do?

Walmart: Say NO to Monsanto's Genetically Engineered Sweet Corn!

Some hippie Luddite posted this change.org petition privately on Google+ (Why post a petition privately? The point is to maximize impact, no?) and I'm posting it in public so I could mock and heap scorn on it properly. Snopes has a good takedown, the studies that purportedly show dangerous side effects are flawed or retracted. Here's Wikipedia on genemod corn:
Broad scientific consensus holds that food derived from GM crops poses no greater risk to human health than conventional food.[32][33][34][35][36][37]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...