03 January 2013

In Paul Di Filippo's Ribofunk, there's a short story where two kids down neuropharms for chemically induced satori:
The tropes had been expertly reverse-engineered from a sampling of
meditating monks: in the case of Jinx's drink, from the mind of the Dalai Lama
himself. In a minute or so, the world took on a shimmering translucence, and I
felt connected to the whole universe. Nothing mattered, but everything
counted. All my problems were non-existent.
 "Nothing mattered, but everything counted," that's the smartest, Zennest thing I've read in a long time. Still savoring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: The Wild Robot Protects

The Wild Robot Protects by Peter Brown My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews