16 January 2011

Ubuntu

My Acer D250 netbook was one of the handful of things we got out before the house burned down. Ron gave me the hidden SSID and password for the office wifi next door. Yay, fast internet; download speed 1.96mbps, that's something. Worked fine for a while, then Win XP started freezing on the desktop right after bootup, when it connects to the net. But with fast, always-on (and free) wifi, at last I could wait out the long Ubuntu download and get off Windows.

Download took about 2 hours, looks like that's really the download servers and not the net connection. So I'm posting on Firefox for Ubuntu, internet working great and now I'm fairly malware-resistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...