03 May 2010

a night out with people. ordinariness looms. fill your life with incident, such an easy trap. a night with so much of what i don't want in my life, had to get away and go as far as i could in the opposite direction. a night that made me long for hard edges and people who know what they're talking about.

why can't people just be interested? the first virtue is curiosity. and the first sin is complacency. "here are my vague thoughts, misquotes, false analogies, regurgitated cliches. i heard it on tv/read it on the internet, so it must be true. and even if it's demonstrably false or laughably ludicrous, hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. even evolution's just a theory."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification keep out the spambots, but comments will never be censored. Crocker's Rules. Tell me I'm an ass.

Review: Buglette, the Messy Sleeper

Buglette, the Messy Sleeper by Bethanie Deeney Murguia My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my...